Monday, October 28, 2013

Our 5 Mile Run on the Road

  I decided to take Rocky with me on my easy run this morning, so I made sure to get us out the door by 5:30 in hopes that traffic wouldn't be too crazy. Rocky is all black, and even though his eyes will shine in headlights, a lot of people don't care and probably assume it's an animal and again don't care if they hit it. Even though I have my blinky vest thing on, that blinks 5 red lights on it both on the front and back people still don't really pay a lot of attention. Luckily the run wasn't bad at all, Rocky has been getting smarter on the leash and doesn't tug erratically like he used when we first began running back at the beginning of this month. It is also a good chance to make this his easy/recovery runs as he is on leash and has to trot or walk fast, during trail runs he is off leash and pretty much runs nonstop unless he is behind me where he'll trot quickly.
  I kept the pace as easy as possible, we ran 5 miles in 52:56 with an average pace of 10:34 min/mile so I definitely kept it nice and easy. I screwed up around mile 1.28 as the stupid garmin gave me some tip so to try and get it off the screen I accidentally hit the lap button. I have 6 laps instead of 5, I'll go ahead and put all here, that shit annoys me :( Oh and 46 degrees, 3 mph ENE winds and humidity at 87% but when chilly you don't even notice.
  Rocky will probably run with me Wednesday morning for another 5 mile easy run, and then depending on how I am feeling Sunday evening I might take him for a 3 mile easy run when we get back from Indianapolis.
Laps/splits were:
Lap 1 (1.00) - 10:49
Lap 2 (.34) - 10:46
Lap 3 (1.00) - 10:52
Lap 4 (1.00) - 10:35
Lap 5 (1.00) - 10:14
Lap 6 (1.00) - 10:09

No comments:

Post a Comment