Monday, October 21, 2013

Our 5.5 Mile Trail Run

   Dorian pretty much had me up all night with abdominal cramping and gas, from 10:30 p.m to 3:30 a.m when he finally had one good healthy fart and passed out into a peaceful sleep. Poor little boy, he woke up from a deep sleep at 10:30 screaming and crying out in pain, he finally fell back to sleep around 11:15 only to wake up again just after midnight, back to sleep around 1:30 only to be awakened by pain at 2:45 a.m. I think the Whole Wheat Goldfishies might have had something to do with it, but I was not getting out of bed when my alarm clock went off at 4:25 and luckily my mom was able to watch Dorian after work so Rocky and I waited all day.
   Rocky was excited, he knew what was coming and I have to admit I was really excited too. It wasn't as cold as I would have liked, 63 degrees but not bad and definitely better than being warmer. Rocky did really good again, we didn't run into anybody on the trail but we did spook over a dozen deer throughout the whole run. I figure they're more active in the evening/dusk hours than in the predawn hours when they are waking up. We ran 5.5 miles in 55:08 with an average pace of 10:02 min/mile so not bad at all, though might have been faster had I not had to stop and put Rocky on his leash in the last mile as we did see a couple with two Bull Terriers on the levee (they were leashed), I know Rocky is friendly but some Bull Terriers most likely don't appreciate a dog running up excitedly on them (most dogs don't). That slowed me down for about a minute but we picked the pace back up. 
   I seriously think I am going to change my Monday and Friday runs to the trails, so that Rocky and I can have some quality woods time, hopefully it will benefit me but next week I might run roads on Monday instead of the trail as I want my legs fresh and ready for the Indy Half Marathon.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:10
Mile 2 - 10:31
Mile 3 - 9:53
Mile 4 - 9:50
Mile 5 - 10:03
.5     - 9:21

   Hopefully Dorian won't have any more issues for the rest of the week, especially tomorrow night and Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment