Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thoughts and What-not

  After this morning's 8 mile trail run, and seeing how great Rocky handled it I really can't wait until after the Indy Half Marathon (next weekend) because I honestly think all of my long runs will be on trails, it is so much easier on my joints and knees, but also very technical and challenging. Not to mention that Rocky loves it too, I will most likely keep Wednesday morning's progression runs on the road, along with his shortest run of the week on the Greenway during Wednesday evenings. Also starting in 2014 I will add my 5th day, an easy run, probably the shortest of my runs and on the road or Greenway. I am extremely excited, and I think a lot of the reasons I am determined to focus my runs on trails is because of Rocky and turning him into my running partner. I honestly don't know if I would be getting up so early and driving all the way to the trails (closest one is 12-18 minutes away) if it wasn't for him, I love watching him on the trails, running and sniffing and behaving like a canine. He has matured so much since running with me, he is truly becoming a great dog now, he is finding the wolf inside of him and enjoying it. Heck, I am almost tempted to run my 5 miler tomorrow on the trails but I know my legs need to start resting some.... it is hard to resist though.
Here is what I plan on my schedule being after the Indy Half, though a few races will be on some Saturdays, on those weekends I will take Rocky for a 3-5 mile trail run Sunday afterwards.
Sunday - Long Run on trails ( with Rocky, unless it's the weekend I go to run the Indian-Celina Challenge course )
Monday - Easy Run on trails ( with Rocky )
Tuesday - Rest Day 
Wednesday - Progression Run on road in early morning and then an easy 3-4 mile run on Greenway in the evening with Rocky
Thursday - Rest Day
Friday - Easy Run on trails ( with Rocky )
Saturday - Rest Day (unless there is a race)

Starting in January 2014
Sunday - Long Run on trails ( with Rocky, unless it's the weekend I go to run the Indian-Celina Challenge course )
Monday - Trail Run (with Rocky)
Tuesday - Easy Run on road or Greenway
Wednesday - Progression Run on road in early morning and then an easy 3-4 mile run on Greenway in the evening with Rocky
Thursday - Rest Day
Friday - Trail Run (with Rocky)
Saturday - Rest Day (unless there is a race)


   Of course I am always open to any changes needed, if I need an extra day of rest or even if Rocky needs to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment