Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Fast and Chilly Progression Run

  I honestly think the trail runs are helping me, this morning I was out the door just before 5:30, temperature was 43 degrees with NW winds up to 16 mph making it feel like 35 degrees but I was dressed appropriately. I started out faster than usual, not sure if it was the cooler weather or the trail running but it felt good. I did have to stop a couple of times to catch my breath but other than that it was a great run, elevation gain of 91 feet and a loss of 83 feet. I ran 6.3 miles in 56:34 with an average pace of 8:59 min/mile so not as fast as my 10k pace....... maybe a few seconds slower I think. First mile was 9:30 min/mile with the last/final .3 being a 7:46 min/mile pace.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 9:30
Mile 2 - 9:04
Mile 3 - 8:56
Mile 4 - 9:12
Mile 5 - 9:09
Mile 6 - 8:23
.3      - 7:46

    I had chose to slow down some at mile 4 so I could catch my breath, but still a fast run. This afternoon/evening I plan to take Rocky for an easy 2-3 mile run on asphalt, I don't want him going 3 days in a row with no real exercise. So far Dorian has slept well these past 2 night, hopefully tomorrow night will be the same and Rocky and I can enjoy an early morning trail run.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment