Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Rainy 2.4 Mile Run with Rocky

  I almost wish I hadn't gone out the door this morning, I don't like running those roads myself and I really don't like running them with Rocky. I am sure it wouldn't be so bad before 5:30 a.m, but at 6:30 there are jerks and crazy people out on the road heading to work or school. Not to mention the rain in the first mile, it was pretty much an awful run and I don't plan on getting another run in until Saturday's race..... as long as it isn't canceled due to lightning (60% possible chance of scattered thunderstorms throughout the day), if it is I will be infuriated beyond words. Anyways, Rocky and I ran 2.4 miles in 25:33 with an average pace of 10:39, with the exception of his constant tugging and jerking me backwards it was an easy pace.
Splits/laps
Mile 1 - 11:02
Mile 2 - 10:30
.4      - 10:02

   I am at this point hoping and praying for a great race Saturday but no longer am I aiming for a PR, I just want to finish it. I set my goal PR at the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon next month with hopes of a great race there. I can't change my estimated finish time now, they closed that yesterday so I am stuck with 2:15:00 which would put me in a corral around 10:18 pacers so I'll have to work a little to get through crowds or wait until things thin out just a little and then move forward. Thankfully it is a flat course and hopefully the weather will be perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment