Saturday, October 26, 2013

Trail Races Exclusively for 2014

  I am seriously contemplating running trail races for distances more than a 15k next year, and road races for 10ks and 5ks. The more I research and look around I am noticing there are a lot of trails races in Indiana that I can do, a lot of half marathons and up but right now my longest distance is a half marathon though I will be increasing my mileage next year and hopefully ending 2014 with 40-50 weekly miles. I will still run the Evansville Half Marathon, as I feel a strong loyalty to it, it was the inspiration that started my running journey and as long as I am not severely ill or injured I will run it every year.
  I won't be able to run any this year but here are a list of the races I'm interested in so far:

  1. Winter Trail Marathon - Eagle Creek Park, Indianapolis IN - January 25, 2014 - Distances: Quarter / 13.1 / 26.2
  2. Run with the Foxes Trail Race - Martinsville, IN - May 2014 - Distances: 5k / 10k / 10 Miler / 13.1
  3. Indian-Celina Challenge - Bristow, IN - June 2014 - Distances: 8 / 13.1 / 26.2
  4. Honest Abe Trail Run - Lincoln City, IN - September 21, 2014 - Distance 14k
  5. Knobstone Trail Mini - Morgan-Monroe State Forest - October - Distances: 5k / 10k /10 miler / 13 miler

It would be great if I could have at least one every other month next year, not so much for racing as it's a lot different than being on a road, but I love trails and it would be great to do all of these races while still keeping Evansville Half Marathon in mind, hopefully by October of next year I will have no problem with doing two half marathon races in one month. I am sure I will find more races but this one is a nice list for now, the Run with the Foxes race I most likely will run the 10 mile distance since I'll be running the Indian-Celina Challenge the following month.

No comments:

Post a Comment