Monday, September 30, 2013

A Slow 4 Miles

  I had a very crappy night, Dorian woke up around 10 with stomach issues and we ran to CVS to pick up some stuff for him. I guess I got back to bed around midnight, but still felt like no sleep. I got up around 5:40 and was out the door by 6:00 a.m, tired but feeling better than yesterday. At first I figured to just run 3 miles and do another 3 this afternoon, but then around mile 1 I thought about doing the 5 and getting it over with. I finally decided on running 4 miles and saving 1 mile for this evening with Rocky as his first run since Spring. It was 63 degrees and 100% humidity, I was tired but I took it slow and ran 4 miles in 43:12 with an average pace of 10:47 min/mile, but making the final mile a 9:47 minute pace just to get a few strides in. Elevation gain of 47 feet and a loss of 61 feet, not a bad run but I wish I had gotten more sleep last night. I almost stayed in bed with plans of running the 5 later today but I need to slowly get Rocky back into running with me. And I can't stand seeing my Cardio Trainer drop, it tells me daily how many calories I've burned in activities in the past 7 days and I was up to 4000 Saturday but now down to 2500 calories.... suffice to say I hate seeing it go down and I was enjoying keeping it up around 3500 dang it. Anyways........
Splits/laps were:
Mile 1 - 11:02
Mile 2 - 11:23
Mile 3 - 10:58
Mile 4 - 9:47

   Hopefully Rocky doesn't do bad this evening, I am not yet sure where we'll run but I am thinking of the riverfront and I am sure it will be busy tonight. I am keeping a close eye on the weather for Saturday, right now it is saying few showers with precipitation at 30% so I am hoping that it isn't raining during the race. I am nervous but excited and hoping for the best, hoping that my body is up to 100% by Friday evening and Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment