Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Much Drier Run Yesterday Morning

   Wednesday morning's run was much drier thankfully, I enjoyed it even with the hills I included at the end and even when just before mile 3 I thought I was going to have to pepper spray a dog. Luckily the dog went back into it's yard, but I had my spray read for him lol. I woke up just a little after 5 and was out the door by 5:20, got 6 miles done in 1:01:31 with an average pace of 10:15 min/mile so not bad but I am excited that my Amphipod Xinglet Flash LED came in yesterday afternoon (http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AMPXLED.html ) I won't have to feel that no cars can see me during my runs without the sun now. Total elevation gain was 124 ft with a loss of 137 feet, I do think I am going to start adding more of those scary hills during my progression and long runs because they are beginning to see a bit easy for me. Temperature was 64 degrees with humidity at 83%, but not bad at all.
   Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:25
Mile 2 - 10:55
Mile 3 - 10:25
Mile 4 - 10:02
Mile 5 - 9:50
Mile 6 - 8:52

   Not bad for mile 6 considering the 3 big hills were right after mile 5 so I am pretty proud of that mile pace. Tomorrow's 5 miles will be nice and slow, then Sunday is my final 11 mile long run before the 2 week taper begins. I think I'll make next weekend 10 miles,  and then a 5 mile easy run on that following Monday, a 6 mile easy run on Wednesday and then give my legs a rest for Thursday and Friday so that I can be fresh and ready for the half marathon. As of now it is only 15 days, 11 hours and 17 minutes away!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment