Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Humid 5 Mile Run

   Yesterday I wasn't able to  go for my run yesterday morning, so I had to wait until the evening. It was 90 degrees and 63% humidity, and lots of bugs out when I went for my 5 mile run at 7:20 last night. I did my best to make it an easy, slow run and my calves were a little tight but not bad. I ended up running 5.1 miles in 53:46 with an average pace of 10:33 min/mile. Though I added an extra .1 I do want to stick to my training plan as I get closer to the half marathon. Twenty-four days, 13 hours and 48 minutes to be exact............. it's so exciting even though I've ran 3 half marathons now!
Anyways, elevation gain of 57 feet and a loss of 61 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:55
Mile 2 - 10:33
Mile 3 - 10:31
Mile 4 - 10:44
Mile 5 - 10:05
Lap 6 (.10) - 9:49
  I had to make a stop at home around 2.24 miles to change out of my black shorts and into my florescent orange shorts. I had forgotten that I had on my black shorts when I started running, thought it wouldn't be so bad but as it got darker and darker I decided that I didn't want to risk getting ran over.

No comments:

Post a Comment