Sunday, September 22, 2013

My 12 Mile Long Run

  So I decided to go ahead and run 12 miles instead of 11 before I begin my taper, before I go further I will be honest and say I made 4 stops due to bowel issues and 3 other stops just to rest as my stomach was knotting up and just giving me hell. The first 6 miles was great, even with the road that I normally avoid because of all of it's hills, I felt great on it until just after mile 6........
  Back to the beginning, I got up at 5, didn't eat anything and was out the door by 5:20 this morning. It was around 50 degrees, 90% humidity but it felt great, the moon as shining bright and the sky was clear..... it was an amazing start for a run. I ran past the gas station expecting to go to the bathroom, but nothing was moving down there so I kept on. Even with the hills on Russell Road, the road that I used avoid due to fear of the hills, it was great and I felt strong. It wasn't until just after mile 6 that things began to go down hill, I had to stop and go into some woods, after that I seemed fine up until just after mile 8 when I had to literally race to a cornfield. I was mad, my stomach was beginning to tie itself up in knots and I was feeling sick but I kept going. I stopped a couple of times, hoping my stomach would settle but no such luck. I stopped two more times because of my bowels, I was angry to say the least. By mile 10, I was wore out from my body's activities but I pushed on telling myself I only had 2 more miles to go. I finished the 12 miles in 1:55:35 (I did stop my garmin each time I had to stop, otherwise it would probably have been 2:30:00 instead), with an average pace of 9:38 min/mile and an elevation gain of 370 feet, and 381 feet of loss which is weird as I added more hills than last weekend's 11 mile run that was like 400 something feet. Anyways, I am glad it is over, as I feel sick and stuff so hopefully some rest, stretching and foam rolling (and eating) will help me.
Laps/Splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:50
Mile 2 - 10:32
Mile 3 - 10:03
Mile 4 - 9:52
Mile 5 - 9:28
Mile 6 - 9:21
Mile 7 - 9:28
Mile 8 - 9:27
Mile 9 - 9:04
Mile 10 - 9:29
Mile 11 - 9:23
Mile 12 - 8:36

    This run would have been PERFECT if it wasn't for my stomach and bowels, heck even my legs were feeling pretty good. I am just hoping the race doesn't go like today did :(

No comments:

Post a Comment