Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Very Early and Humid 6 Miles

  I don't normally run between 8 PM and 5 AM the next morning but I knew if I didn't take a chance once Dorian was asleep, I would be running miserably tonight. So after kind of arguing with DH, I got dressed and was out the door by 1:25 A.M for my 6 miler. I wasn't aiming for a tempo or progression as my legs still need to take it easy from Saturday's race, but I didn't take it too slow either. It was 73 degrees and 94% humidity, pretty nasty really but luckily the sun wasn't up so that made it feel somewhat better. My calves felt tight from my 3.5 mile walk just 6 hours before I went for my run, so this morning before heading into the office I used my foam roller.
  It was very quiet, no cars but maybe 2 I think out of the whole 6 miles and one of them was the newspaper guy/girl. I don't really mind running this late in winter, because it is even more surreal and peaceful than during summer or during the day. The humidity sucks the breath right out of you during summer though, but I did my best. I ran the 6 miles in 1:02:22 with an average pace of 10:23 min/mile so not bad at all, not exactly a slow recovery run but not exactly a progression or tempo run either.
Mile 1 - 11:16
Mile 2 - 10:25
Mile 3 - 10:28
Mile 4 - 10:21
Mile 5 - 10:08
Mile 6 - 9:39
  Not a bad run, not bad at all but I cannot wait for Summer to be over and cooler weather to get here........ it is driving me insane to say the least. Not normally an issue when I can get up and run between 5:00 - 7:00 AM but DH's poison ivy is still rampant though it is going away thanks to the medication the doc gave him and the icing he recommended. Friday's 5 miler won't be so awful even if I have to run in the afternoon, 5 AM will see 63 degrees so I am hoping and praying DH's poison is gone by Friday, and the  high won't really go above 73 degrees so I won't fret about it if I have to run in the afternoon or evening. 
  The weather keeps teasing me, but it looks like starting Friday we won't see much above 84 degrees for the next 10 days or so, and just hopefully Summer will be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment