Monday, September 23, 2013

A Decent Recovery Run after a Horrible Long Run

  This morning I got out the door around 5:30, almost didn't want to go just because I wanted to stay in bed, my left quadricep was sore and tight so I wondered if it would be best to wait until this evening. A crisp 54 degrees with clear skies met me at the door, even in shorts and a t-shirt it wasn't awful though...... cold at first. My sore legs didn't really bother me thankfully, though I wondered if I should cut the 5 miles to 4, I kept going though. I did my best to take it easy, as this is a recovery run..... but the crisp temperatures always seem to have me wanting to run faster. I ended up with 5.1 miles in 54:35 with an average pace of 10:42 min/mile, not bad and a good slowish run with an elevation gain of 105 feet and a loss of 102 feet, which is strange as I didn't feel like there were many hills. This run was a lot better than yesterday morning's run, I just wish I knew what caused yesterday's 12 miler to be so crappy.
Splits/laps were:
Mile 1 - 11:00
Mile 2 - 11:11
Mile 3 - 10:42
Mile 4 - 10:27
Mile 5 - 10:14
.1      - 10:14


No comments:

Post a Comment