Sunday, September 29, 2013

An Unscheduled Rest Day

   I didn't get my 9 miler in today, taking an unscheduled rest day due to issues I am hoping were caused by last night's consumption of beer, hot dogs and s'mores. I was up at 1:30 a.m, sick to my stomach and I had the shakes. Afterwards I told myself I would just see how the day goes and maybe run later and probably cut it to 5 or 7 miles. At 8 this morning I woke up feeling like crap, and waging a debate in my head, take the chance and go for a run or make this an unscheduled rest day and let my body recover. Maybe it wasn't just the beer, hot dogs and s'mores but my body warning me to slow down and take it easy. Suffice to say, I decided a run was out of the question as the half marathon is way too close to risk getting really sick and dropping out of it. I figure lots of water consumption and taking it easy should do the trick, hopefully tomorrow morning I will feel better for my 5 miler but we'll just have to see. I really don't want to take the whole week off from running, mainly because I still have an obsession with burning a certain amount of calories a day (I know, I know!). I've reached 106.3 miles for September, that is 3.3 miles more than August so if I don't run tomorrow I am fine with that. Had I ran the 9 miles today, that would have put me at 115.3 miles and then tomorrow would have set me to 120.3 so maybe my body was warning me that the jump was too much and I needed to slow it down a bit. Hopefully, just hopefully I will get to feeling better before Saturday's race as I would hate, really really hate to have to drop out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment