Thursday, September 5, 2013

A 3.2 Mile Trail Run Yesterday Evening

   The weather was so nice yesterday that I couldn't just leave it with the morning 6.4 mile run. So my mom got to the shop around 5 in the afternoon and I left for a trail run, I wasn't sure what distance I was going to run though I knew that I wanted it to be more than 2 miles and less than 5 miles. It felt great, a bit warmer than I had expected but it felt so surreal to get out there on the trails and run. There is a freedom to running trails, a freedom I don't get on streets, I feel so much more like an animal than human. It feels so much more natural and exhilarating when running out on the winding trails, more so if there is a lot of hills involved.
   I ended up running 3.2 miles on the trails in 31:59 with an average pace of 10:00 min/mile, not bad for the trails. It was 82 degrees but the humidity was only around 45%, sunny but it was pretty shady in the woods. I felt great afterwards, and can't wait to add more trail runs to my weekly training this winter.
Laps/Splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:21
Mile 2 - 9:42
Mile 3 - 10:08
      .2 - 8:58

   An awesome run, giving me a total of 9.6 miles Wednesday so I will probably rest today and Friday except for some strength training and maybe walking. I want to be fresh and ready for the 15k this Saturday, the Evansville Half Marathon is a month away from today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment