Wednesday, September 4, 2013

This morning's 6.4 Miles

   This morning was a wonderful 59 degrees, humidity was 94% but it didn't even hurt with the temperature below 60. I was tired and didn't really want to get up but I really wanted to feel that wonderful temperature, so I got my butt up and out the door. Stepping outside I was tickled to the bone with the chilly morning, it felt so good to be out there. My plan was to just do an easy 6 miles but the cooler weather had my body wanting to push it just a little so I decided to let it.
   Due to a few roads, I ended up running 6.4 miles instead of just 6 but no worries there. I ran the 6.4 miles in 1:00:47 with an average pace of 9:30 min/mile and an elevation gain of 104 feet. 
My laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:59
Mile 2 - 9:54
Mile 3 - 9:26
Mile 4 - 9:26
Mile 5 - 9:11
Mile 6 - 8:41
. 4     - 7:53

     Seeing the last lap's pace, I kind of wish I had tried to run that .6 more just to make 1 mile with a pace of 7:53 or sub 8 min/mile. No worries, I have all winter to work on getting my 5k down to sub 8 min/mile pace or faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment