Monday, September 9, 2013

A New Goal for the Evansville Half?

  Someone in RA mentioned to me that if I could keep that kind of pace from the 15k this past weekend during my half marathon, I could very well pull off a sub 2:00..... and yes it got me thinking about it. The paces, even the the paces I had between mile 5 and 8:
Mile 5 - 8:52
Mile 6 - 8:42
Mile 7 - 8:42
Mile 8 - 9:02
   Those paces really weren't hard to hold at all, it got hard when we passed the road to the finish around mile 8 with 1.3 miles to go so fatigue and just being tired was really starting to hurt. The temperature starting out was 64 with 100% humidity and I know it warmed up to like 69 by the time we were finished, sadly last year's same half marathon my garmin didn't get the weather data but the April half started with 52 degrees and humidity of 76%. I am hoping that the Evansville Half Marathon will be between 40-50 degrees starting out, because what was affecting me during Saturday's race was the sun beating down on my head. It was tough, and having the pass the finish line didn't help.
  I think, as long as I don't injure myself and stay smart for the next 25 days I should be able to hold a pace close to the 9:02 min/mile and finish under 2 hours. I am really excited to be thinking that this could be possible, about a month ago I felt just getting under 2:10:00 would be awesome but to think that I could actually ran a sub 2 hour half marathon is downright amazing. I've got 25 days, 11 hours and 31 minutes from the Evansville Half Marathon, that gives me 2 more Sundays for long runs before the taper begins. My long run plan is:
September 15 - 11 miles
September 22 - 12 miles
Then I would begin my taper that following week, at least that is the plan as long as everything goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment