Friday, September 27, 2013

A Nice Chilly 5 Miler

  Okay, it wasn't that chilly but 55 degrees feels great and it was nice and quiet. I went ahead and drank some coffee (don't ask why) before the run, then I was out the door. I think I succeeded in keeping it nice and easy, at least for the first 3 miles. It was 55 degrees with 100% humidity an elevation gain of 43 feet and a loss of 51 feet. I did 5 miles this morning, felt great except for just barely getting back to the house to use the restroom (please don't let that be the case next Saturday, though there will be plenty of port-a-potties). I ran the 5 miles in 51:23 with an average pace of 10:16 min/mile, I was feeling a little tight in my right hamstring and just a tiny little bit in my left calf but I will be sure to stretch those out and do lots of foam rolling.
Splits/laps:
Mile 1 - 10:49
Mile 2 - 10:49
Mile 3 - 10:14
Mile 4 - 9:57
Mile 5 - 9:31

   Overall not bad, mile 5 was sped up due to the urge to use the restroom. I will be sure to set my coffee maker to 3 a.m next Saturday and get up to drink a cup or two and eat something (a pumpkin spice english muffin with peanut butter and honey maybe), and then go for a 10 minute shakeout run. Depending on things, after that I might go back to sleep until 5:30 and then wake Cameron and Dorian up.
   I am definitely going to watch what I eat next week, and I'll take some pepto-bismol this Sunday before my 9 miler just to see if it helps any. Only 7 more days, 18 hours and 47 minutes until the Evansville Half Marathon!!!! Next Friday I'll be picking up my race packet!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment