Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Week Two of New Chapter

  Okay, yesterday morning I did my calisthenics, I think 50 minutes of it:
Other than dealing with sinus congestion and a headache, the workout went well. 
Donkey Kick - 4 Sets of 12 
Bridge - 12 Sets of 20 Seconds 
Swiss Ball Ab Crunch - 3 Sets of 12 reps 
Superman - 6 Sets of 12 Reps 
Lying Oblique Ball Twist - 3 Sets of 12 Reps 
Fire Hydrant - 3 Sets of 12 reps 
Standing Dumbbell Side Bend - 5 Sets of 12 Reps (15 lbs) 
Raised Leg Crunch - 5 Sets of 20 reps 
Stability Ball V-Pass - 3 Sets of 12 Reps 
Bicycle Crunches - 5 Sets of 30 reps 
Kettlebell Swing - 3 Sets of 12 Reps (10 lb)


 I was worried that the kettlebell swings would make my hamstrings/butt ache as you kind of squat to do them. But this morning I didn't have any issues during our run. The only issue is/was this damn head cold or sinus congestion I can't seem to get rid of. I can honestly say that during most of the run, I felt pretty light headed.
 Nonetheless, Rocky and I got 5.1 miles out on the roads in 52:04 with an average pace of 10:13 min/mile, the temperature was 30 degrees with a feels like 21 degrees and 12 mph N winds.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:40
Mile 2 - 10:16
Mile 3 - 10:25
Mile 4 - 9:53
Mile 5 - 9:53
.1       - 9:26

   Nearing the final mile, we almost got rear-ended by an asshole backing out of his driveway not 1 minute after passing us and pulling into his driveway, I moved all the way to the other side of the road as I wasn't going to be stopped and he made damn sure to get as close as he could. Jerkoff.
  Got home, changed my clothes, did my stretches and headed to the gym for what turned out to be an hour and 7 minutes of circuit training.
It went good although I tried to take it easy due to this stupid head cold I am dealing with, added a few extra workouts this time. 
Lat Pull Down - 6 sets of 12 reps / 40 lbs 
Seated Chest Press - 6 Sets of 12 Reps / 35 
Seated Leg Curls - 6 Sets of 8 reps / 25 or 30 lbs (I can't remember) 
Torso Rotation - 6 sets of 12 reps / 35 lbs 
Rear Delt - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 35 lbs 
Fly Delt - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 35 lbs 
Hip Abductor - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 25 lbs 
Seated Row - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 40 lbs 
Standing Tricep Cable Pull Down - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 30 lbs 
Seated Leg Extension - 6 Sets of 12 reps / 25 lbs


 What was new this morning, the Seated Leg curls and the Seated Leg Extensions. Since I can't seem to do squats or lunges without having issues, I am hoping I can use these machines to strengthen my quads and hamstrings and butt. We'll see how tomorrow's run goes.... if my head cold doesn't kill me dang it.






No comments:

Post a Comment