Saturday, February 28, 2015

Day Six, Week 4 - A Good Run

  So I haven't been getting very much sleep these past few days, and the low temperatures aren't helping at all. I didn't run yesterday, hell I barely made it to the gym damn it. This morning I woke up at 5 AM, no plans to go to the gym but I wanted to run..... looking at the temperature, I really wanted to stay in bed. It was 19 degrees with a feels like 11 and I was tired, I didn't feel like I got any sleep at all. 
  As Rocky and I headed out the door I figured I'd get 3-4 miles out of my body before heading back home and back to bed, I expected my legs to be sore but surprisingly they weren't. The temperature didn't feel too bad at all after the first 2 miles and by mile 3 I decided I wanted maybe 5-6 miles if my legs were willing to give me that.
  I picked a pretty hilly route, and by mile 6 I wanted 8 miles and asked my legs if they had it in them to go that far. We pushed it, and Rocky was actually ready to go into a more relaxed, slower pace while I felt like I was just warming up.
  We ended up with 8.2 miles in 1:18:48 with an average pace of 9:37 min/mile and it was a great progression run, really good. Elevation gain was 164 feet and a loss of 155 feet, I am really glad I stuck it out and decided to push for a longer distance... especially since tomorrow has a good chance of raining.

Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:40
Mile 2 - 9:57
Mile 3 - 9:49
Mile 4 - 9:45
Mile 5 - 9:33
Mile 6 - 9:22
Mile 7 - 9:05
Mile 8 - 8:55
Mile 8.2 - 8:40

  I have to admit that I am pretty pleased with this run, I really haven't had a good run like this in quite a few weeks, maybe even a month or two so this was very pleasant and a great way to end February... almost makes up for the lack of running and the really crappy cold weather... almost.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment