Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 6 - Long Run.... Blah

  I won't be adding squats to my workout sessions just yet, yesterday and this morning I definitely noticed aches that were most likely because of the squats I did Friday. That is one of the reasons I chose not to run yesterday, I am sure I would've felt fine if I hadn't done any squats.
  Yesterday I started getting an awful headache that wouldn't go away, I didn't get any good sleep last night so waking up was hard and the run was really difficult. It sucks because I didn't really get to enjoy the 48-50 degree temperature, I was having to stop every mile or even half mile due to feeling so light headed and zapped of energy. It was really tough, at some point I decided I wasn't doing any other workouts after this run as I just wanted to go back to sleep.
  Rocky and I ran 8 miles, and throughout the first 5-6 miles I just felt like crap... ironically by mile 7 I started to feel better.... ugh. We ran 8 miles in 1:20:12 with an average pace of 10:01 min/mile, and an elevation gain of 151 feet. I almost made the mistake of taking on the hills at the beginning of the run but by the first half mile I turned around. My calves were a little tight during the run and I had some aches in the middle of my hamstrings, but not near my butt cheeks or knees so that is good. It was 48 degrees with a feels like 44 and 10 mph SSW winds and 71% humidity.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:43
Mile 2 - 10:14
Mile 3 - 10:07
Mile 4 - 10:15
Mile 5 - 10:11
Mile 6 - 9:44
Mile 7 - 10:04
Mile 8 - 8:51

  It was freaking tough, I still feel like crap right now. I couldn't go back to bed because I felt clammy and sweaty. Tomorrow I'll do my lower body calisthenics  and exclude squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment