Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A New Week, New Chapter - Page 1

  This morning Rocky and I hit the roads for 5.1 miles, it was 25 degrees and a clear sky. I can happily say that the aches, pains and stiffness are almost completely gone except for some soreness from yesterday's sets of Donkey Kicks and Fire Hydrants, but I'll get to posting about those later.
  We ran 5.1 miles in 52:53 with a pace of 10:22 min/mile, it was a progression run and I did pick up the pace with each mile but it didn't feel like it, it almost felt like it used to. 
Laps/splits:
Mile 1 - 10:58
Mile 2 - 10:34
Mile 3 - 10:28
Mile 4 - 10:03
Mile 5 - 9:54
.1       - 9:21

   After we got home, I started the Tahoe and then went inside and quickly changed my clothes and did my stretches. I took my Gaspari Nutrition BCAA 6000 Capsules (6), my Hammer Nutrition Tissue Rejuvenator tablets (2) and Hammer Nutrition Super Antioxidant capsule (1). Then I headed out the door as I could hear Dorian stirring and making some noise.
  I got to the gym and it looked busy, which was somewhat intimidating but as I went inside I found that most of the vehicles there were part of a spin class (big sigh of relief).
  My workout was 45 minutes of circuit training and it looked like this:
Lat Pull Downs - 5 Sets of 12 Reps - 30 lbs
Torso Rotation - 3 Set of 12 Reps - 30 lbs / 3 Sets of 12 Reps - 35 lbs (Each Side)
Arm Extension - 5 Sets of 12 Reps - 25 lbs
Fly Delt - 5 Sets of 12 Reps - 30 lbs
Rear Delt - 5 Sets of 12 Reps - 25 lbs
Seated Row - 5 Sets of 12 Reps - 30 lbs
Chest Press - 3 Sets of 12 Reps - 40 lbs
Standing Calf Raise - 5 Sets of 12 Reps - 25 lbs (I've never used one before, so this was interesting).

    Unless you want me to, I won't post every single day's workout. Only if it inspires others and helps someone get through winter or any tough spot they are doing, otherwise I won't want to take up bloop space in the loop community. So just let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment