Friday, February 13, 2015

A Tough Week So Far, But Friday the 13th Was Good to Me

  First off, Wednesday's no run day did seem to do the trick as I was feeling better by the afternoon. Sadly though, Dorian was feeling like crap by the evening - not sure what it was, painful gas, his back molars coming in or headache but he was angry and didn't sleep through the night which meant I didn't sleep through the night. And that meant Thursday was no run, no gym day and we stayed home half the day only to go in and get some orders shipped. He seemed to be feeling better yesterday but hadn't pooped at all, and slept through the night but was really restless and unhappy while I was gone. As I am speaking, he is trying to poop... poor little guy, I think he might have been having too much cheese over the last few days.
 This morning I made damn sure that I was getting out of the house, it was 19 degrees but thankfully no wind. Rocky and I hit the roads for 6 miles, stopping quite a bit as I was definitely feeling exhausted still. Sadly I did end up having to make a pit stop (I hate it, especially in the freezing cold).
  None the less, we finished 6 miles in 1:00:02 with an average pace of 10:00 min/mile, I meant to make this slower but my body wanted to get done and out of the cold quickly. I don't plan on PR'ing at the Hearts on Fire 5k tomorrow morning but would like to not be sore. Other than my ankles and calves feeling a little tight early on, it was a good run.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:32
Mile 2 - 10:03
Mile 3 - 10:01
Mile 4 - 10:04
Mile 5 - 9:42
Mile 6 - 9:39

    Not bad, not bad at all. I am definitely feeling as though I am gradually falling back into my groove and the upper 9 min/mile paces are getting easy again so that is great news.
  Got back home, realized I should've been at the gym at this point (5:40 AM) so I raced up the driveway to the Tahoe, started it so it could warm up. Then rushed Rocky and myself into the house tearing my top layers off as quickly as possible. I plugged my garmin 220 into the computer and finished changing clothes, while taking my 1 serving of BCAA 6000 tablets, 1 Tissue Rejuvenator, 1 Super Antioxidant and 1 Vitamin C (1000 mg). I could hear Dorian stirring so I said forget stretching, I've got a massage later this evening so I'll let that relax me and I headed out the door.
I only had time for 45 minutes of circuit training with no leg workouts, and this time I had a few new ideas/workouts and I wanted to start focusing more on intensity/weights/quality than quantity/sets so here was how it went down:

Wide Grip Lat Pull Down - 2 sets x 12 reps x 40 lbs, 2 sets x 12 reps x 50 lbs 
Standing Tricep Cable Pull Down - 2 sets x 12 reps x 35 lbs, 2 sets x 12 reps x 40 lbs 
Seated Chest Press - 2 sets x 12 reps x 35 lbs, 2 sets x 12reps x 40 lbs 
Parallel Grip Lat Pull Down - 3 sets x 12 reps x 50 lbs, 1 set x 12 reps x 55 lbs 
Rear Delt - 2 sets x 12 reps x 40 lbs, 2 sets x 12 reps x 50 lbs 
Fly Delt - 1 set x 12 reps x 35 lb, 2 sets x 12 reps x 40 lbs, 1 set x 12 reps x 50 lbs 
Underhand Seated Cable Row - 4 sets x 12 reps x 40 lbs 
Seated Row - 3 sets x 12 reps x 45 lbs, 1 set x 12 reps x 50 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment