Sunday, February 15, 2015

Should've Stayed Home This Morning

  Let me just say I wish I had stayed home this morning instead of going out for a run.... not just because it was 10 degrees with a windchill of -3 and 9 mph N winds, but because I was definitely sore from yesterday's race. I had been doing pretty good for 2 weeks now, no aches or pains until this morning. My left glute and hamstring were very sore and complaining throughout the whole run even though everything was freaking numb.
  It sucked, Rocky seemed to enjoy it more than I did. I was tired and achy and realized by mile 3 that each time I would stop, my legs would get more numb causing me to have to stop again. Not only that but around mile 3 when I stopped, my eyes began to burn and freeze at the same time. It sucked major balls :(
  By mile 6 I was walking up the hills, I had made the mistake of not wearing 2 pairs of tights and my legs were still sore and I was tired and miserable. I really wanted 10 miles but we ended with 8.4 and I am happy with that, I was more than happy to be finished and done with it. We did 8.4 miles in 1:25:47 with an average pace of 10:13 min/mile, and elevation gain of 139 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:38
Mile 2 - 10:09
Mile 3 - 10:03
Mile 4 - 9:58
Mile 5 - 9:50
Mile 6 - 10:32
Mile 7 - 10:33
Mile 8 - 10:24
.4      - 9:11

  It was a seriously miserable run, I hope and pray I didn't hurt myself more. I waited a few hours to do my core/abdominal strength exercises.
I did about 46 minutes of core/abdominal strengthening.
Raised Leg Crunches - 6 sets of 25 reps 
Standing Dumbbell Side Bends - 6 Sets of 12 reps, 20 lb weight 
Swiss Ball Crunches - 3 sets of 12, 1 set of 20 reps 
Supermans - 6 sets of 24 reps 
Swiss Ball V-Pass - 4 sets of 12 reps 
Swiss Ball Oblique Twists - 4 sets of 12


  I am looking forward to tomorrow's complete rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment