Monday, November 11, 2013

This Saturday's 15k Trail Race

 So I've got another race this Saturday, the Get Dirty Fall Trail 15k race at Angel Mounds which is where I run normally. Bad news is they won't have t-shirts, just gloves for the registrants :( BUT the good news is they will have awards to the top 3 males and females. If, and only if I don't get lost on the trail - I have a good chance at placing in the top 3 in the 15k race. I am not sure how many (women) will be running the 15k this Saturday but I am hoping like hell that my training on those trails will serve me well and I am going to kick hard booty if I can. I will also have to make sure not to go out with the fastest of the pack, knowing my luck they won't know where they are going and I'll get lost with them. But I am going to have to make sure that I don't start off too far in the back or middle so that I have to fight to make up for lost time, I guess I am going to have to ask a few people if they are 100% sure of the course and what their planned pace is. I talked to the Race Directors and they've already got course marked and someone apparently has a used a leaf blower so that the trail isn't so covered with leaves that we've got land mines of roots trying to kill us. 
  It's a little nerve-racking, I want to win an award because that would be awesome but also because I would like better proof of my hard work at this race than a pair of gloves. It's easy to get lost on trails though, but I think if I stare at the course map picture they have on their FB page I should be able to run the course no problem. I think I might be able to run most of the course tomorrow morning (if I can get out there). Of course I'll be running before daylight so that will definitely be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment