Sunday, November 10, 2013

Our 9 Mile Trail Long Run

   So far, 9 miles is the furthest Rocky has gone (and we aren't stopping there). He is so awesome, and I can't wait to post about our first 15 miler which might be before this year ends (who knows though :) ), we'll just have to see how things go.
   We got to the trailhead just a bit after dawn, I figure the weekend is my only chance to run the trails in daylight so I must take advantage of it. My Tahoe's thermostat read 39 but my garmin says the average 45 degrees, not bad and around 2.7 I stopped by the Tahoe and dropped my hoodie off. My sunglasses were useless, every time I tried to put them on they would fog up and I wouldn't be able to see any roots so I had to suffer the sun at some points.
   The first 3 miles were a little blah, thanks to my sinus congestion but around mile 5 things got better. I managed to only hit a few roots this time, so it was better than the last couple of runs. We covered 9 miles in 1:36:36 with an average pace of 10:44 min/mile, elevation gain of 177 feet and a loss of 173 feet so not bad. I expect the elevation changes will be much greater on the weekends I run at Hoosier National Forest or John James Audubon State park. I expect some walking on those runs, but I have a 15k trail race next Saturday so I might run 8 miles at Hoosier National Forest the following weekend, I want to take Rocky with me but we'll just have to see.
Laps/Splits
Mile 1 - 10:57
Mile 2 - 10:57
Mile 3 - 10:43
Mile 4 - 10:46
Mile 5 - 11:10

Mile 6 - 10:50
Mile 7 - 10:37
Mile 8 - 10:36
Mile 9 - 9:58

No comments:

Post a Comment