Monday, November 4, 2013

Our 5 Mile Trail Run

   This morning Rocky and I went for a run on the trails, I almost decided to just run the roads with him but then I said screw it because I didn't want to hold on to a leash and be pushed into a pace faster than I wanted.
   We got to the trails about 5:15, I had to wear a pair of capris that were too loose but hopefully I can take them back and get a smaller pair. I had to hold my cell phone instead of carrying it in the back pocket of my capris because it was too heavy and pulling them down faster.
   Rocky enjoyed the run, I was a bit clumsy and slow, tired and sore but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was a pleasant run, 2 days after the half marathon where I crushed my October PR and surpassed my goal time, I am still feeling the high from that race. It was an awesome race, I pushed myself past my comfort zone, to the point of wishing it to be over, feeling happy just to see the finish line but feeling so amazing afterwards knowing that all of my training and effort had paid off.
    Anyways, this morning the temperature was 43 degrees, chilly and dark. The sun started to come up around 6 am and for the last 10-15 minutes I didn't need my headlamp. We ran 5 miles in 58:35, that is probably the slowest 5 miles I've ran in a long time. I did have to walk around a couple of fallen trees, I hope somebody will be notified soon about the trees as we've got a race on that course November 16, less than 2 weeks away. If I can't notify someone, I might take my husband's chainsaw and go cut them.... if I can figure how to turn it on, I've never used one before.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 12:24
Mile 2 - 11:48
Mile 3 - 11:19
Mile 4 - 11:44
Mile 5 - 11:18

    Not bad, it was definitely a slow run though, hopefully I will have a chance to stretch and stuff this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment