Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Great 11 Mile Trail Run with Rocky

Rocky and I were out the door around 9:15 a.m, and boy was it cold! It was twenty-seven degrees with a feels like 20 degrees, burrr! Rocky loved it though, didn't bother him at all. I started out with a face mask that covered my nose and around to my ears (and of course my mouth and neck), along with my hat, gloves and tights and two layers of shirts, and a pair of dry max socks. Around 2 miles I ended up taking the face mask off as it was getting too warm, I stuffed it in Rocky's doggie pack (thankful I brought it with us). The first 3 miles I felt kind of sluggish, my feet didn't want to move but I trudged on telling myself at 10 miles we'll see how we feel.  Made it to 5 miles and was feeling much better, my legs had decided to cooperate. I did stop to give Rocky some water as all puddles and other flooded areas were frozen, so I knew Rocky wasn't getting any water.
The next 6 miles went really well, had to stop twice for a nature call so other than that it was a great run. Heck as we were edging near 11 miles I was honestly tempted to try and get as close to 20 miles as I could...... thankfully logic was louder and I decided to leave it at 11 miles. I will reach 20 miles soon enough, when it is time. We ran 11 miles in 1:53:32 with an average pace of 10:19 min/mile and an elevation gain of 196 feet and loss of 207 feet. Pretty good over all for a trail run.
Laps/Splits were:
Mile 1 -  10:54
Mile 2 - 10:49
Mile 3 - 10:29
Mile 4 - 10:28
Mile 5 - 10:01
Mile 6 - 10:12
Mile 7 - 9:48
Mile 8 - 10:30
Mile 9 - 10:07
Mile 10 - 10:24
Mile 11 - 9:48
  Another milestone for Rocky, 11 miles is his furthest yet and I know he can go even further so I am really excited as we progress. And I think this is the first 30 mile week for me, of just running so that is a great milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment