Monday, November 25, 2013

A Slow and Sluggish 6 Miles on the Trails with Rocky

   I did not want to get out of bed this morning, and the temperature didn't help at all either. I literally had to force myself out of my tahoe at the trailhead, but I knew Rocky was really excited to get out there and I knew it would do me so much good to run - I would regret it if I didn't run. 
   It was 28 degrees, cloudy but not as much wind as yesterday. I didn't wear my face mask, just my head band and for the first 2 miles or so I was wishing I had worn my face mask. Rocky wore his doggie pack again, I almost thought about not having him wear it but our runs are getting easier and easier for him, the 11 miles yesterday didn't even slow him down. I think, depending on the weather next weekend, that we will hit the Hoosier National Forest trail and see how we handle the scary hills. I want 11 miles, but I can't promise that without knowing anything about these hills. Even if I have to drop it down to 9 miles, I'll still be able to hit 30 miles for this week which will be awesome. 
   Anyways, back to the run - things were pretty sluggish for the first 2-3 miles and then got better as my legs started to wake up and warm up. We ran the 6 miles in 1:04:24 with an average pace of 10:44 min/mile and an elevation gain of 74 feet and a loss of 80 feet. Heck, Rocky didn't want to get back into the Tahoe - he was wanting more but he reluctantly got in after coaxing him for a minute.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 12:44
Mile 2 - 10:27
Mile 3 - 10:38
Mile 4 - 10:45
Mile 5 - 10:15
Mile 6 - 9:33
  Overall a good run, and I am so glad I got out there and forced 6 miles on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment