Monday, November 18, 2013

Our Slow Recovery 6.2 Mile Run

   Due to yesterday's rain I figured it would be best to avoid the trails since I didn't feel like slipping and sliding on already sore legs, so Rocky and I ran on the roads out in Chandler. The first 3 miles were a  bit difficult, my legs were definitely sore from Saturday's race and my ankles were feeling it too, I was half tempted to call it off at 4 or 5 miles but we ended up running 6.2 miles in 1:06:19. My hands were freezing, the forecast said 48 degrees but it was 40, I didn't have my gloves so that was a bit miserable. Running these roads reminds me how much I hate roads, and love the trails..... I hate having Rocky on a leash especially on a road with cars constantly driving past us. Trying to keep him off to the grass is just as irritating, he will stop and jerk me back every minute or so because he smells something interesting. Not only that, but sometimes he will actually try to trot towards an oncoming vehicle which can be very stressful, even more annoying was when a garbage truck waited to let me pass in front so I tried to hurry across only to have Rocky run right into my left knee. He was too busy staring at the truck and ran right into my path as my left knee was coming up and right into his ribcage, he yelped of course. I appreciate the trails even more after this run, I hate that they are so far away and will probably be muddy for the next few days, but I don't care and will run them Wednesday and Friday anyways.
   Laps/Splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:57
Mile 2 - 10:56
Mile 3 - 10:46
Mile 4 - 10:46
Mile 5 - 10:46
Mile 6 - 10:07
.2    - 9:25

No comments:

Post a Comment