Thursday, November 14, 2013

Our Very Slow 4.2 Miler this Morning

   I only went out for a run this morning to try my new shoes out before race this Saturday, I wanted to make sure that they will be comfortable to run in during the race. I didn't want to do too much running, I really wanted my legs fresh for the race but I just had to make sure they would be good for me.
   We only ran 4.2 miles very slowly in 47 minutes and 17 seconds, it was definitely slow and I rolled my right ankle inward really bad twice but the pain only lasted a minute or 2. I went ahead and taped it up but I am not sure if I did it right so once I get home I am hoping that I can find the ankle brace thingy and use it. I don't suspect an injury or anything serious but it is sore in the middle of my foot. Hopefully some wrapping and stuff will do the trick, and I'll definitely have to be more vigilant on the trails and watch my step. All the leaves on the ground make it really hard to see the roots, I'll be so happy when they start decomposing and stuff. I think I have a new reason to like running trails during the summer, no leaves on the ground which will be a nice change from right  now.
   Anyways, I decided to wear my tights and they didn't feel as constricting this time which could  be thanks to getting used to my capris. A summer of wearing shorts definitely makes tights feel extremely annoying. It was 30 degrees, no wind but I was definitely dressed for it.
  Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:46
Mile 2 - 11:41
Mile 3 - 11:05
Mile 4 - 10:54
.2      -  9:16

   It looks like Saturday morning is going to be like 50 degrees so I'll be debating capris or shorts depending on the wind. Hopefully not too many women (fast women) will be running the 15k distance, and I will be sure to line up a bit closer to the front so that I can pick out a position before the single track begins as it is very difficult to pass people on a single track and I want to be able to hear any instructions this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment