Friday, November 22, 2013

Our 6 Mile Run on the Trails...... at Night

  Last night was a long and restless one, Dorian was dealing with constipation and just didn't seem tired at all so in other words I didn't get any sleep. I honestly didn't know if I would even have the energy to run later today, but luckily I found some energy. Rocky was excited, he wore his doggie pack again and looks so good in it. The temperature was 45 degrees with 8 mph winds, and I could have sworn at some points I saw snow.......
  I did much better than I have lately, didn't trip too much though I did slip and trudge through a lot of mud. It was still a good run with mile 3 being my fastest mile as that was on top of the levee, I just wanted a little break from the roots so I ran that mile on the levee which was flat. We saw probably 4 or 5 deer, or more but I can't remember. Running the trails at night after the sun goes down is a lot creepier than running them before dawn and as the sun comes up. 
   Rocky and I ran 6 miles in 1:05:13 with an average pace of 10:52 min/mile, an elevation gain of 111 feet and loss of 100 feet.... and lots of mud. It was pretty windy on the levee and during times I was close to the edge of a field. Overall it was a good run, both Rocky and I really enjoyed it.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:07
Mile 2 - 10:46
Mile 3 - 9:59
Mile 4 - 10:56
Mile 5 - 11:06
Mile 6 - 11:17

   I was thinking about going to Hoosier National Forest to run a little bit of the Indian-Celina Challenge, but after a thinking about it for a bit I decided I'll wait until next weekend. I don't know the elevation changes and I want my legs to be fresh and ready for the 24th Annual Turkey Dash 5k next Thursday, I want to place well in my age group and maybe even in the overall female area. It would be nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment