Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Our 3 easy miles on the Greenway Last Night

   We ran on the Greenway last night, I didn't want to get out bed yesterday morning so I had mom watch Dorian after she got off work. I just wanted an easy run, not to work my legs too hard but still wanting to get some mileage out there. It was 37 degrees with a feels like 32 degrees and NNW 7 mph winds, elevation gain of 51 feet and a loss of 47 feet. We saw about 12 deer out there, two of them I am sure were bucks staring at me and pondering the act of charging me.
   We got 3 miles in at 30:59 with an average pace of 10:19 min/mile so it was relatively slow though I felt like I was going a bit faster - strange.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:28
Mile 2 - 10:12
Mile 3 - 10:16

    My goal for tomorrow's race is 24:58, and I think it is a modest goal as my fastest 5k PR is 25:29 back in May. I am hoping I can crush that PR, but I am not able to promise anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment