Friday, May 31, 2013

Another Okay 5 Miler

  This afternoon I ran another decent 5 miles without any actual pain although my knees did ache some. Near the last mile my right shoulder blade started to feel tight and tried to cramp up a bit, it was kind of annoying. Other than that, it went well and I got 76.5 miles in for May which is about 17 miles less than planned but I am flexible and my body needed the rest.
  I ran 5 miles in 49:22 with an average pace of 9:52 min/mile so it was definitely considered an easy run, though the sun in the beginning made it a bit "ick" and then when the clouds came in, the wind was just as annoying. I swear sometimes I really hate my long hair, especially during runs when it gets all sweaty and starts to cling to my back. Normally I love how long it is, but then when I go out and run I hate it.
  My splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:34
Mile 2 - 9:32
Mile 3 - 9:35
Mile 4 - 9:57
Mile 5 - 9:42

  Overall, not bad and I had .3 miles to walk back to the Tahoe for a cool down walk. Stretching wasn't bad either, after getting home I iced my knees as they seem to need it the most right now. Sunday I am not sure if I want to aim for 7 or 8 miles, we will just have to see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment