Monday, May 13, 2013

A Good 5 Miler Tonight

  Tonight was a good run overall, I felt strong and much better than Thursday's run. I ran 5 miles in 49:19 with an average pace of 9:51 min/mile, with no issues whatsoever. 
My splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:04
Mile 2 - 9:59
Mile 3 - 10:04
Mile 4 - 9:42
Mile 5 - 9:28
 It was a really good run and I enjoyed it, kind of wish I could have ran longer but I must stick to the training plan. Wednesday I've got to run 7 miles, mom won't be able to watch Dorian because she's going to a concert so I'll have to bug Cameron about it. And then Friday is another 5 mile easy run, while Tuesday and Thursday will either be walks or bike rides. This Saturday I am going to go and photograph the Hot Dog 5k at the 4H Center, I figure it would be a great way to utilize my camera and actually enjoy the race as a spectator. Sunday I have a planned 10 miler, first 10 mile run since 3 weeks before the Go! St. Louis Half, so this will be interesting. I hope to do it out here in Chandler, I like running out here an exploring the area.
  I am not going to lie, it's going be nice not having another race until June 8 which is a 5 mile trail run held at night, I am excited! I love running trails, but have never ran one at night, I mean I have been out there on trails at sun down and I've finished pretty much in darkness but this is going to be interesting. Then the next race will be June 22, a color run which both will be just for fun and not racing. July I don't plan on any races, so I'll be able to stick to my long runs. I have 3 weeks before the Howl at the Moon Trail race, so that is three 10 mile long runs I can do, then one 10 mile long run before the Color Blaze 5k, then my next race isn't until August 10, so that will leave me 6 weekends of long runs which I will utilize to get one 11 miler in and maybe a 12 mile long run before I drop to 9 miles before the August 10th 10k race.

No comments:

Post a Comment