Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Very Difficult Run

  I had planned on a 10 mile run today, but when I started out on my run it was 79 degrees with a humidity at 84% and pretty much no wind whatsoever, so it was freaking miserable. I ended up doing just 6 miles and having my stepson come pick me up, I wanted so badly to run 10 but if there is one thing I've learned in a year it is to listen to my body, and when in doubt don't push it. Okay, the doubt mainly goes for when it's extremely humid and warm and miserable.
I ran 6 miles in 1:01:12 with an average pace of 10:12 min/miles, still not awful but compared to my running lately it is pretty slow for 6 miles.
  My splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:50
Mile 2 - 9:57
Mile 3 - 10:13
Mile 4 - 10:39
Mile 5 - 10:20
Mile 6 - 9:10
  I am pretty aggravated about it, I was really looking forward to my 10 mile long run out here, but maybe next weekend. I knew getting acclimated to the summer heat and humidity was going to be tough, but I had no actual idea that it would be this awful. Anyways, tomorrow is 5 miles in the evening, temps around 5 will be 87 degrees and humidity will be 49% so hopefully a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment