Friday, May 24, 2013

Contemplating Things a Bit

  Other than my calf muscle being sore or tight, though it isn't feeling too bad today, I have been evaluating a few things since Wednesday night's run. Seven miles is only 6 miles less than a half marathon and my average pace was 9:16 min/mile, but the last three miles were 8:43 , 8:28 and 8:27 and I am confident that if I were to keep a consistent pace between 9:16-9:30 I could run my next half in 2:04:27 or less, which would be 14 minutes faster than the St. Louis Half this past April. The thought of getting so close to 2:00:00 is exciting, and I really hope I can achieve it as long as nothing happens and I don't get injured. 
  It is amazing to look back on all my races and my running, my first half (along with being pregnant) was 2:31:something, then my 2nd half was 2:36:something with an injury. My 3rd half (first this year) was 2:18:28 and I am quite confident I can do even better this Fall, though it will most likely have to be the Evansville Half Marathon in October, then the second one will be 2 weeks later, and then the 3rd Half will be in November about 2 weeks later. I think I'll use the 2nd HM as a scenic enjoyable run, and not really race it, then depending on how I feel in November I will try and push myself.
  Hopefully once I can start running 10 mile long runs consistently, doing them each week will get me used to a long distance weekly. Also, if I can run at least one or two 12 mile long runs before October that would probably help me as well but 10 or 11 miles aren't bad either. I'll just keep running, and watch out for any possible signs of injury or overuse, while hoping for neither. 

No comments:

Post a Comment