Saturday, May 4, 2013

Newburgh Rivertown Trail 5k

   I woke up this morning to rain, and 48 degrees..... after having gotten somewhat used to the 80 degree weather, I was back in crappy weather. Forty-eight degrees wasn't bad, it was the rain that made it suck.
  This 5k report will be short, I mean seriously. I got to the school, got on the shuttle bus, got dropped off at the start. There were 3 tent like shelter things, and the bathroom was like a half mile away up a hill. I decided to go use it, got back to one of the tents and stood there for the next 20 minutes.
  Right as we lined up, I felt the need to pee.... great............ I didn't let that stop when we were off though, I said to myself screw it and did my best.
According to my Garmin, my splits were:
Mile 1 - 8:42
Mile 2 - 8:13
Mile 3 - 7:57
.1 - 6:26 but that really doesn't matter..........
My garmin time said 25:29 but the clock time says 25:26, my average pace was 8:12 min/mile, and I was shooting for either a sub 8 min/mile race or close to it and I feel pretty proud of myself considering the conditions.
The results are a bit confusing as far as the division goes, out of 196 finishers I finished 45th place, my division shows 1 13...... and I have no idea what the 1 is about. There were 100 female finishers and I would love to know what the 1 13 means dang it, I really want to know where I placed gender and age wise.........
Update: I won 1st place in my age group!!!!! Oh my god this is awesome, I can't believe it!!!!!!
I couldn't stay afterwards, my vet called with Rocky's heartworm blood results, coming back positive and wanting to run a blood test again so all I could think about was him and getting him to the vet immediately. If it is positive, he'll have to go through the treatment and I will not slack on his medication anymore, I haven't been on top of things since Molly.
I get to pick up my trophy Monday!!!!!! I have a freaking trophy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment