Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Last Night's Run

   Shauna and I ran along the streets last night, we decided to just start from the shop and run past Dairy Queen figuring if we needed to we could stop for some vanilla cones. It's wasn't bad this time, we didn't go until 7:30 p.m so the sun was well below the tree line and there was a good breeze. I tried to take it easy since I knew Shauna wasn't feeling great, but eh it went well over all. We got to Dairy Queen at mile 3, and each ate a small cone then I ended up screwing up my watch so now it looks like this:
Mile 1 - 10:30

Mile 2 - 9:47
Mile 3 - 9:28
Mile 4 - 0
Mile 5 - 9:50
Mile 6 - 9:50
  We ran 4.35 miles so there should only be 5 laps/splits but what can I do, just learn not to hit any buttons when standing still. We had been standing for like 5 minutes and my watch started counting down before it would go back to the time and into inactive mode, which then I would have to wait for the satellites to be located so I hit a button and it said lap 3, then lap 4....... ugh.
Oh well, it wasn't a bad run overall and the cones helped some. We ran the 4.35 miles in 42:42 with an average pace of 9:49. elapsed time 55:20 so I suppose we stood there eating our cones for about 13 minutes..... oh well I don't care, right now I just want to get acclimated to this heat and humidity so if I have to stop a few times that is alright. It was 82 degrees with humidity at 58%, not near like Sunday's run which was 81 degrees with humidity at 84%.

No comments:

Post a Comment