Friday, May 24, 2013

It's my Achilles............ :(

  After Wednesday night's run I started feeling tightness in what I thought was my calf muscle.... but the more I thought about it and really looked at where the tightness was coming from I realized it is not my calf muscle but my Achilles tendon that is hurt. The very top of it, right below my calf muscle is what's feeling so tight, and now I am nervous. Reading up on it, the average pain is normally closer to the heel while mine is closer to the Gastrocnemius or the calf muscle that is the large bulge in your bottom leg. Maybe it's just soreness and a few days of icing, ibuprofen and foam rolling and stretching can fix..... maybe I'll take the next few days off and not run until Wednesday, evaluate it and go from there. It is extremely frustrating, tonight's run ended up being 3 miles instead of 5 because I decided to listen to my body when the pain and tightness started up, but as much as I want to push forward and past it I have learned the hard way too many times not to. I will take this weekend off from running and any walking that isn't necessary, then depending on how it is feeling I might try a 3 miler Monday or wait until Wednesday. I guess I will just have to see how things go :(

No comments:

Post a Comment