Saturday, May 4, 2013

Still Can't Believe It

    Just a few hours after finding out, I still cannot believe I made first place in my age group. This morning's race was rainy and cold, and I had to pee pretty much the whole race but that didn't stop me. I ran the 3.1 miles in 25:26 with an average pace of 8:12 min/mile, the last mile being a 7:57 min/mile pace which is my fastest yet. Out of 196 overall finishers, I was 45th place and out of 100 female finishers I was 9th place and out of 13 finishers in my age group of 20-29 years old I was first place. It is still so unreal and amazing at the same time, I will be picking up my trophy Monday at the Town Hall in Newburgh. I didn't stay after the finish, as I got a phone call from the vet telling me that Rocky's blood test for heart worms came back positive and they wanted me to bring him back in as soon as possible for another test free of charge. All I could think about was getting back home and taking Rocky to the vet, getting the second test done. Plus, I never in my dreams would have thought I would win a trophy, let alone in first place and in this age group. I figured if I ever did win something it would have been in my 40's, not my young 20's where you would think that there would be a lot more female runners. 
    Because I didn't stay for the awards, I now have to wait through Sunday wondering and anticipating the feeling of holding my very first trophy. It is kind of frustrating to know that I won and I wasn't even there to accept it, but I am just excited that I won a trophy. I feel like I am on top of the world right now, or just feeling great.

No comments:

Post a Comment