Sunday, September 30, 2012

Contemplating Many Things

   I should be getting excited with the Half Marathon coming up next Sunday, but I am a little nervous with my leg acting the way it is. I am hoping that with this rest from running until next Sunday, my leg/s will be healed enough for the race, I have gotten back to doing my squats to strengthen my legs, I haven't done them since June and I am beginning to think that could be partially the problem. Right now I am looking for other Half Marathons with in 3-5 hours from here, starting from November and on just in case I can't run the Evansville Half. Indianapolis has the Monumental Half Marathon on November 3rd, my birthday which would be pretty cool if I think about it. I don't know if Cameron will go for it or not, I mean we could book a hotel for Friday night, the race is at 8 a.m and then we could find breakfast afterwards and then head home or stay another night.
   I have 33 days, but I am giving myself a couple weeks (probably less) before I decide. I think it would be cool to do two Half Marathons this Fall (year) and then run the Indiana Classic Half in April next year and then the Evansville Half again, and the Indianapolis Monumental Half again; averaging 3 a year. I don't want to focus my running passion on Half's, although I don't see myself doing full Marathons anytime soon. My main goal is to focus on trail races more than road races, but since there isn't a whole lot of those around here (within a couple hours drive) and I enjoy races. This winter I plan on focusing on picking up in speed, mainly out of curiosity on just how fast I can get.
   Well.... I guess we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment