Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Trail Running Craze

  After last night's 3 mile trail run, I am fighting to stick to my plan with the Half marathon, which is 17 days away now. I mean, after the Half then all gloves are off, I want to focus the majority of my runs this Fall on trails and half of them on trails during winter. I love running trails, there just isn't anything that can compare to them, the feeling, the serenity, being one with nature is just amazing. John James Audubon is the closes park with great trails, but Lincoln State Park has some trails that I have never actually ran on and even though it is 30 minutes away I am seriously thinking about running 6 miles this weekend on some of their trails....... maybe more than 6 miles who knows. I know I need to do my 10 mile run this weekend, but I really want to get out there on the trails, this 60 degree weather is so gorgeous and begging me to get out in the woods.
  I really need to get my head back in the game, I am only 17 days away from the Half Marathon, but my heart is swaying towards the trails, I mean 17 days isn't to far away now.....after the Half I can run on the trails all I want dang it, but last night was like a drug, or tequila, maybe rum actually.... the feeling out there in the dark with only my knuckle light guiding the way on this single track of dirt; the roots, the twists, the turns and the uphill and downhill, soaring over fallen logs and racing around the tight turns.... I felt so alive, more alive than I have since.... well since Dorian was born actually (but I was really tired too). The trails bring me so much closer to feeling like an animal, free and apart from society and so much closer to nature.
  Okay, I am going to force myself to stick to the last 2 weeks of my training dang it, tomorrow night is 5 miles (maybe 6 since I only ran 3 last night), and then this weekend I will aim for my 10 mile run. Next week will be the usual 6 mile run on Tuesday, and 5 mile run on Thursday, then Saturday will be the 8 mile taper run, Tuesday 3 miles and Thursday 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment