Friday, September 14, 2012

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

    Tonight I decided to take a chance and try on my size 7 jeans that I was wearing a year ago, hoping for some good news and I didn't get any bad news thank god. It was a bit snug and tight, and I did have a slight muffin top BUT I was actually able to wear them. It is pretty exciting, I think I was able to finally fit into my size 9 jeans about 2 months ago and I am now actually able to fit into my size 7. I am down to 147 lbs, and this weekend I am running 10 miles which makes me nervous but also very excited for many reasons. My running has helped me lose the baby weight, it has helped to keep my sanity AND I love forcing my brain to go blank. This weekend it's 10 miles, next weekend it is 11 miles then the following will be the 8 for the taper and then the Half Marathon! Hopefully, just hopefully I can keep my long runs between 8-11 miles after the Half Marathon... at least during winter, it'll be nice not having to start at 1 mile in May to train for the Half next year. This winter I plan on training and increasing my speed, while reaching my goal weight of 135 lbs, blah blah blah.
    That reminds me, I was wearing my size 7's and 9's last year and the crappy old scale was reading 134-135 lbs......... I am about to be wearing my size 7 jeans comfortably and I am at 147 lbs.......... very strange and now I really hate that old stupid scale and am a little curious as to how I am going to reach 135 lbs without getting a little more devoted to my fitness because last year I could have sworn I had about 5-10 lbs left to lose. Of course I could just stop worrying about the scale and watch my waistline and thighs trim and tone up... and my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment