Friday, September 28, 2012

Bought New Shoes, Excited to Try them out Tonight

   Last night I finally decided to go out and buy a new pair of shoes, I was going with Brooks Ghost 5 in mind, but when I got to Dick's Sporting Goods I liked the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 more. They seem to have more cushioning and a softer landing than the Ghost 5. I am going to try them out tonight, haven't decided whether I am going to run 5 miles or 3 miles though, we will have to see how I feel when I get going. I really hope things are healing, I don't know if I'd be able to accept not running and finishing the Half this year, I want that finisher's medal dang it.
   I guess we will just have to see how tonight's run goes, Shauna won't be running as she isn't feeling good so I am on my own tonight and probably this weekend with an 8 mile run (if all goes well tonight).

   (Continued) The run sucked, all 3 miles of it. The shoes felt great but apparently I haven't given my leg enough time to heal. I had to actually pick up my pace to help ease some of the pain but it was still there and still noticeable. I made a tough decision and decided that I won't run until the Half next Sunday AND I am going to set up an appointment with a Sports Medicine person (or whatever they call them) which hopefully I can see sometime next week. I am going to keep foam rolling and stretching, next week I might walk a little but we will just have to see. I will be really upset if I have to miss this race so hopefully things will begin to get better soon. My average time was 10:52 for the 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment