Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Feeling a little Better

  I did not run last night, I didn't walk Monday or today and yesterday I began using my foam roller 4 times during the day, and I am already beginning to feel better. I am barely limping, though still sore but nothing like Monday or Sunday. I am still debating whether or not I will run tomorrow night, wondering if I should wait until maybe Friday and run an easy 3 miles. This weekend I need to run 8 miles, and then taper down to 3 miles twice next week before the Half Marathon. I want to run tomorrow night, but I am worried that 3 days is not enough time for this injury to rest so I am not the happiest camper right now.... I guess I could walk my 3 miles tomorrow morning and see how my leg feels with that and if everything seems good then run 5 miles Friday evening with the 8 mile long run on Sunday (depending on how things are feeling Thursday and Friday).
   It's a bit nerve racking really, I want to run, I am feeling better but I am scared that the moment I get out there then the pain will start up and I will have to start all over again. I am not sure how long it normally takes for any kind of overuse injury to really heal and be ready to get back into training/running. I guess, after going on in this blog I will take Dorian and try to walk 3 miles tomorrow morning and see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment