Sunday, September 23, 2012

Another Crappy Run, and...

   I am really wondering if I've got a serious injury going on, the top of my right thigh is hurting, enough so that most the time I am limping. It has gotten like this since the 10 mile long run, and I am a little nervous and scared. The Half Marathon is 2 weeks away and this morning's 9 miles blew, I mean I have to be happy that I at least ran 9 instead of the low target of 3 miles, but I think I am going to take a break until Thursday, maybe ride my bike Tuesday for 6 miles or more. My time was 1:45:38, and the pain in my leg didn't let off until around 7-8 miles. I ran it though, but it wasn't very fun. I had to talk myself into every mile after 3, once I reached 4.5 then I had no choice but to turn around and run the same 4.5 miles. It is frustrating, thinking that the Half Marathon could suck.... a lot, I mean I wasn't aiming for anything spectacular this time, I just wanted to run my 2nd Half 6 months after giving birth and then worry about my time next year, using the winter to train and improve on my speed. Now I am wondering if I should take the remaining 2 weeks off, maybe small mileage or at least wait until Thursday and see what happens and how I feel.
  I been trying stretches, the foam roller but it is not going away.... it is right where I believe my piriformis is.... the pain goes from the front inner thigh (very top) around the front and to the side of my butt cheek. It causes me to limp.

No comments:

Post a Comment