Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Looking forward to AFTER the Half Marathon

  Yes, I am excited about my second Half Marathon and knowing that it is only 18 days away has me jumping off the walls BUT I am really, truly excited about finishing it and getting it out of the way. The first run after this half will be on a trail, and I am going to treasure it. I haven't ran on a trail since....the very beginning to 2011 during winter and spring, I will not run on Audubon's trails during summer or any temps above 65 because there are demon horseflies out there, but Audubon State Park in Henderson Kentucky is amazing and has killer hills that makes you feel like you've conquered the world afterwards and it is just a different atmosphere all the way around when running on trails. I might be lying...I think I did run a little back in March at Wesselman's Nature trails here in Evansville Indiana but only because those trails are really flat and there aren't really any horseflies there.
  I've stuck to my training all summer, even though this beautiful weather is begging me to come out and play on the trail.......... the trails I am talking about are 1.5 miles long with a .5 mile long road to it so 2 miles total, right now my heart is debating on whether I run tonight's 6 miles on boring road or take it to the trails for 2-maybe 3 miles of trails??? I don't know, but I want to. These trails are amazing, and many people who train for the Appalachian trails will hike these trails because they are so tough... oh I am stuck between a rock and a hard place now. Would it hurt my training at all, if I choose to run 4 miles on trails tonight rather than 6 miles on a road? The Half is 18 days away, it couldn't be that big of a deal could it? Or would it help, would it be a nice breath of fresh air to do something different?

No comments:

Post a Comment