Wednesday, July 30, 2014

This Morning's Run, Still Not Feeling Great

  So I was able to wake up this morning at 3:15 AM, without any issue from Dorian so that was good. It was only about 60 degrees, so Rocky and I went to the trails for the 8 mile run. Second time a cop was there and asked me (nicely) what I was doing and felt satisfied with my answer (running with my dog) so he said have fun and left. I am wondering when exactly I will run into the particularly not nice officer who tells me to leave.... so far that hasn't happened so lets keep our fingers crossed.
  Things seemed to be going well for the first mile, into mile 2 I had to make a pit stop and I started feeling sick in the stomach and just... kind of blah which was stronger when running. Had it been warmer, like above 65 I probably wouldn't have made it beyond 4 miles, I had to stop every mile or other mile and after mile 5 I sat down for a minute or so and even laid in the grass. Whatever the hell is going on, whatever it is that is trying to put me down.... I wish it would just go ahead and kick my ass now, instead it is torturing me.
   Rocky was done around 5-6 miles, even with 60 degrees he was still feeling it and slowing down some but not bad. Not nearly as rough as yesterday evening's 4 miler, but he is a tough pooch. I am seriously wondering if this bug will go away in the next couple of days, otherwise I don't see Sunday's 16 miler happening.
   Rocky and I ran 8 miles in 1:24:19 with an average pace of 10:32 min/mile, elevation gain of 98 feet and a loss of 113 feet. I was happy to be finished with it.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:22
Mile 2 - 10:35
Mile 3 - 9:37
Mile 4 - 10:19
Mile 5 - 10:32
Mile 6 - 11:39
Mile 7 - 10:41
Mile 8 - 9:30

   Tomorrow is 3 miles.... let's see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment