Friday, July 18, 2014

Thursday's Run and Success

   I finally got my stupid garmin to upload my last 3 workouts! And I don't exactly know how I did it either, and if it is even actually fixed or was some sort of freak occurrence..... this morning coming back from the trails I first tried it in the laptop, nothing happened so I finally grabbed the old ANT agent Stick thingy that came with my 410's and stuck it into the lab top along with the tiny little ANT agent that came with the 610 - still nothing. So in frustration and about to say F*%$ all things holy I am done, I stick both into the actual computer and just sit there wondering what the heck I am supposed to do now when (and I can't remember if I actually clicked on Garmin Express or it popped up) Express asked if I wanted to pair with the 610 which then immediately my 610 pops up with the same question so I say yes. The 610 then says transferring files but the sync fails, so in a last ditch effort of hope I click retry on the Express and OMG it worked! It said synced successfully and so my last 3 workouts since Wednesday are now up there and I have no honest idea how or what happened of if I can manage to do it again next time.
  Okay, so yesterday Dorian and I ran with Team 13 for 3.3 miles and I ended going much faster than I wanted. They didn't stage groups like lasts time and it was pretty confusing at the start, I don't remember the pep talk or the prayer and we just headed out on the road. 
  The only good that came from the beginning bottle neck was that I was forced to slow down to around 10 minute pace, the bad thing was I didn't want to be stuck in the midst with so many people so I made sure to push on, faster and faster. I fell into a good groove after mile 2 and in a good spot that wasn't too crowded, then we came to an intersection where we had to stop and wait for like a minute or 2 and EVERY SINGLE PERSON I had just passed in the last 5 minutes caught up to me and 3 other people and got right in front of me and my stroller (I wanted to scream at them) so when we were able to cross I had to use up precious energy to re-pass 10-20 freaking people that I had already passed. Common sense and group running etiquette should tell someone that if another runner (even one with a stroller) passes you, it's probably because they are faster and it would be very rude for you to take advantage of an intersection stop and get in front of them and slow them down when everything gets going again. It really frustrates me, and I am sure people were feeling my vibes, it almost makes me not want to even bother running with the group. 
  I'll be better prepared next time, anyways I ran 3.3 miles in 31:44 - moving time 31:20 because at the first intersection I forgot to stop the garmin for 24 seconds... pooh on that. Anyways, it was like 79 degrees sunny but not bad until near the end as I was heating up and going much faster than I wanted in the final two miles and it wasn't  until the final .3 of the run that I got back up to where I wanted to be.
  Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:11
Mile 2 - 9:22
Mile 3 - 9:17
.3      - 9:44

   I'll post this morning's bloop later today, right now I've got a toddler demanding my attention and get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment