Sunday, July 6, 2014

Thirteen.Two Miles and 2nd Week of Marathon Training Done

  So I woke to my alarm at 3 AM, tired and without much sleep. I had me a Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin and coffee, and then was off and out the door by 3:40 AM. The temperature was 62 and humid and no wind, and I was feeling the soreness from yesterday morning's 3.2 mile run. I ran that run a little too fast, mainly because I really needed to pee from the get go so I wanted to get done as quickly as possible.
  Anyways, I was sore.... my quads and calves were sore and I was still pretty tired with only a few hours of sleep. And I made the mistake of wearing the hydration belt instead of the hydration pack, the 8 oz bottle with a Endurolyte fizz tablet with water pretty emptied itself..... as I ran it just kept spilling out.
   I managed to not consume the Chocolate Hammer Nutrition gu at all, but I did drink all of my water and what was left in the one with the fizz. The run was pretty uneventful, I got the crap scared out of me by a deer and then I "spooked" some beautiful horses. I will be sure to wear my hydration pack from now on during the long runs, better to be prepared than not.
  I ran 13.2 miles in 2:14:22 with an average pace of 10:11 min/mile, definitely slower than usual but that is okay. Elevation gain of 339 feet and a loss of 334 feet, not bad. For some reason, it was really difficult getting below 10:30 minute pace..... sore and the hydration belt was really annoying. 
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:38
Mile 2- 10:17
Mile 3 - 10:24
Mile 4 - 10:13
Mile 5 - 10:14
Mile 6 - 10:32
Mile 7 - 10:30
Mile 8 - 10:31
Mile 9 - 10:24
Mile 10 - 10:08
Mile 11 - 9:50
Mile 12 - 9:41
Mile 13 - 9:21
.2        - 8:18

    This long run closes out week 2 of marathon training with 34 miles, a good week even with Tuesday's severe storm canceling that run.

No comments:

Post a Comment